Thursday, October 26, 2017

Paris Baguette Coming Into Radio Shack Space?

Friday Update: This information has been confirmed, they are moving into the Radio Shack space: Forest Hills' New Paris Baguette Won't Serve Espresso Thanks To Starbucks
The menu at the Forest Hills location will be almost the same as at other outposts and will include a variety of pastries, bread, soups and sandwiches.


I was told by a construction worker today that a Paris Baguette is going to open in the Radio Shack space. If you're not familiar with them, this is a global bakery chain. Here's the link for more information: http://parisbaguette.com/

There is already one of these nearby, in Rego Park. And if I recall, the chain was looking at the space where the new Dunkin' Donuts went into at Austin and Ascan.

Here is more about them, from their website:
We are an international, franchise, fast casual bakery-café founded in 1988 specializing in French-inspired goods. In addition to chef-inspired cakes, pastries, sandwiches and signature coffee, we offer a unique Parisian experience to thousands of customers daily. Today, there are over 2,700 locations worldwide, satisfying cravings and taste buds of all ages and backgrounds.

I included a question mark with my headline only because the worker spoke with a very thick accent, and though I repeated what I thought he said to me when I asked the name of the new place, I can't be 100 percent certain I heard him right :)





24 comments:

  1. Not bad- I'd say it's an improvement- not a bank or hair salon, I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 71st Ave. is finally become a continental avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is true, I guess it could be worse. I've never even set foot inside a Paris Baguette before, and I'm not sure we really need one here, but...alright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol of course we don't need one, but it's not a bad addition. What we need is a nice butcher shop that sells high quality grass fed products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enthusiastically agree about the butcher shop!

      Delete
    2. Agree with the need for a high quality butcher shop.

      Delete
  5. Just we need another food place with high-calorie cakes and pastries. People are fat enough. How about a Weight Watchers instead? It would never happen. Maybe they'll have good coffee and the elderly will have another place to sit besides Gotta Get a Bagel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need different types of eateries to support the amount of foot traffic and to keep the place interesting, and also so people have places to stop and chill with friends. Weight Watchers should be in some office building on Queens Blvd, not prime retail space on 71; besides, there is a Jenny Craig on Queens Blvd just past 75 Ave- in the dead area of QB.

      Delete
    2. Please calm down and let people enjoy things.

      Delete
  6. What about La Boulangerie? I hope it still succeeds in spite of this chain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love La Boulangerie but I'm not worried about them, them are expanding their offerings soon and they seem to literally have more business than they can handle.

      Delete
    2. This was my first thought too. My heart belongs to La Boulangerie. :)

      Delete
  7. We had a nice butcher shop by 71 Rd, but not enough people supported it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory must be failing me. What place are you talking about?

      Delete
    2. I forget the name of the butcher on 71rd but I went there often for special cuts. They move to metro ave in the now Nick's Bistro space because the rent was increased too much. On Metro they persevered somewhat but even though the rent was acceptable there was never enough foot traffic to make it profitable. So sad but a very common theme these days.

      Delete
    3. It was soooo nice having those guys over there. Every time I had a few extra dollars in my pocket, I'd get myself a great piece of aged steak. It was the same people that had the place on QBlvd too, right? Near the mattress store, where Cipollina is now.

      Delete
  8. Metro Meats on metropolitan ave is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I love that place, but it's such a schlep!

      Delete
    2. I agree about Metro Meats and I do go to him from time to time but it can be a bit of a schelp if you live up by Queens Blvd and he is very nice and all but I've called a few times and he didn't have what I needed and I don't mean some kind of odd cut - I asked him if he had flank steak and he said he doesn't carry it; I don't get that, that's a pretty common cut that you'd find in any supermarket; also, in reference to my earlier post, I mentioned getting a place that sells grass fed products, Metro doesn't.

      Delete
  9. Well, they may serve good coffee, but it won't be fancy coffee:
    https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20171027/forest-hills/paris-baguette-radioshack-starbucks-107-06-continental-ave-forest-hills

    ReplyDelete
  10. On one hand I'm a little upset about Radoishack, because this means I have to get some things on Amazon instead of just walking into a store, which allows easy returns. On the other hand, I do like Paris Buaguette. Why should there be just one of anything in this neighborhood? The great thing of being in a metropolitan neighborhood is the benefit of variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be better off going to MicroCenter a few minutes away in Kew Gardens - let's enjoy the new Paris Baguette!

      Delete
    2. You would be better off going to MicroCenter a few minutes away in Kew Gardens- let's enjoy the new Paris Baguette! I'm personally thrilled it's not another bank or salon, let's be glad!

      Delete