Sunday, June 9, 2019

Forest Hills Street Fair

(This is one of those rare collaborative Edge of the City posts that both David and Drake worked on. Interested in becoming a contributor to Edge of the City? Email us at edgeofthecity@gmail.com

David: Some scenes from today's Forest Hills Festival along Austin Street.  The weather couldn't be more perfect for it!  It ran from 10am to 6pm.

Drake: I am actually more impressed by these local street fairs each time I go. They used to be pretty indistinguishable from any of the other fairs around the city, with the food mostly dominated by your Italian sausage vendors. But each time I go, there seems to be more of a local spin, with more and more Forest Hills restaurants setting up stalls. Today, for example, I stumbled upon Cabana's stall and decided to give one of their chicken empanadas a try. I started walking away, took a few bites, stopped in my tracks as the pleasures that come from experiencing a delicious piece of food for the first time washed over me -- and immediately headed right back to their stall. I ordered a couple more empanadas and some delicious rice and beans. 
Just from this experience alone, I'm adding Cabana to my list of local recommended restaurants


















Cabana dishes out their empanadas and other delicacies. This was my pick for the best food at today's Fair. 

More Cabana, which is located on Restaurant Row (70th Road) in Forest Hills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment