Wednesday, November 3, 2021

New Spots That Have Opened Or Are Getting Ready To

 Let's get caught up. 

There's news of another Trader Joe's coming in to where the old Key Food used to be near Gerard Towers, south of Queens Blvd. 

And personally, I'm eagerly awaiting Mighty Quinn's, the new rib place going in to where Banter used to be. 

A couple of other new places that have sustained me during the tumult of the past several months:

The new Indian place, Tikka N Talk, on Austin. Really good.

And the new burrito place, Homemade Taqueria, also on Austin Street. Awesome place!

And then there are these guys getting ready to open on Austin Street soon:





11 comments:

  1. definitely not going to be Trader Joe's -- https://patch.com/new-york/foresthills/trader-joes-not-opening-forest-hills-building-despite-rumors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read what you linked to. I'd hardly say that is definitely not. All it says is currently we don't have plans, which can mean anything.

      Delete
    2. I'm also wondering where the Whole Foods that was slated to come in to the former Duane Reade on 71st Continental fits into all of this. Someone's coming somewhere!

      Delete
    3. I hope so, this area is totally underserved when it comes to quality organic produce. The Natural, although I shop there, just isn’t enough and they have a monopoly on the area. I end up getting organic berries at Whole Foods when I visit family on LI or at Costco. For an area with fairly high real estate prices we are not getting quality produce/supermarkets.

      Delete
  2. I work front of house at Tacombi! We open this upcoming Tuesday, November 9…. The tacos are soooo good

    ReplyDelete
  3. There’s a Mighty Quinn’s near my place of work. Bowls are good but they aren’t what Shake Shack was to the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was talking to one of the guys in the Chip City truck and he said that they have a store under construction on Austin Street. He wouldn't tell me which one, but he said it was coming soon. If I had to guess, it is going into the old Starbucks space.

    On the list of other stores coming soon, Stretch Lab is going into the Steps space. There also seems to be activity inside Aldo, though I have no idea what is going there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chip City
    https://www.chipcitycookies.com/chip-city-locations/

    72-34 Austin St.
    Forest Hills, NY, 11375

    ReplyDelete