Friday, June 3, 2011

Nero Tweeted While Rome Burned

BUSINESS DAY
Hiring in U.S. Slowed in May With 54,000 Jobs Added
By CATHERINE RAMPELL
Published: June 3, 2011
The unemployment rate rose to 9.1 percent, raising concerns once again about the underlying strength of the economic recovery.


For some reason, I woke up today with this post's headline in my head, knowing this morning they were issuing the closely-watched monthly unemployment report. I guess I am partly thinking how sad it is that with all the problems facing this country, much of the week was spent obsessing over whether or not our local Congressman tweeted a lewd picture of himself. But I have to admit I am torn. I am also extremely disappointed with Congressman Weiner's response to valid questions about this controversy. If he is indeed spending his time taking these photographs of himself when he should be focusing on getting our country back to work, then, yes, he is indeed one of today's Neros in my headline above.

No comments:

Post a Comment