Sunday, July 1, 2012

Movie Quickies: Early Summer Edition

Here's my mini-reviews, in case you haven't seen these guys yet. The great thing about living in NYC is you can probably still find them playing somewhere. If not, well DVD soon.

Battleship: B+
This kind of got panned. But I thought it was pretty good. Not very memorable, but fun while it lasted. Kind of like chinese food. It actually has a pretty touching ending too, especially if you are a World War 2 buff, like me.

The Avengers: B
Everyone seemed to have just adored this movie. But, please. How many different ways can they blow up New York City? Enough already! That's kind of what I was thinking about 3/4 of the way into this movie.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: B-
Not even sure if I got the name of this right, and to tell you the truth, between the ridiculous heat outside and the margarita I had with lunch, I am too tired to look. This was a mildly diverting film. Very forgettable. Nothing to write home about really. But the cast was damn good, which is why I gave it a B- and not something in the C range.

Prometheus: A+
I've seen this one two times now. The first time in 3D, which I actually thought didn't do justice to this Ridley Scott sci-fi movie. So I went back and saw it again without the 3D. Awesome. A masterpiece sci-fi adventure. One of the best I've seen in a long time. I predict this is one of those that will take its place as an all-time classic.

Men in Black 3: A-
Will Smith is great as usual, as is Josh Brolin. In fact, wow is Josh Brolin great. Oh, and in this one they almost destroy NYC again, but... well, I won't ruin it. It's a really fun summer movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment