Thursday, June 6, 2013

Vanilla Sky Opening This Week?

On their Twitter feed they said the opening would be sometime this week, and, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I did see a large tractor trailer ice cream truck parked across from it yesterday morning. So, still no definite word but it looks like the opening is imminent.

And please, don't waste your time with negative comments below about the place before it has even opened. Ok, ok, yes, we have too many yogurt places, that is true. But you might actually find you like this one best. At least give them a chance!

10 comments:

  1. I agree save the comments till it opens! says cafe lounge.. maybe they have good to go sandwiches which is something else we need! Sammys doesnt cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I would like to say so far.....I don't like the signs. They look cheap. I just don't like the font type. Could've been better designed but that's my 2 cents from what I've seen here and in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yawn. Froyo is so vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence VANILLA sky, and vanilla is delicious seaux.

      Delete
    2. Vanilla is boring unless it's Tahitian.

      Delete
  4. I thought he said no negative comments. Seriously, with the brick wall, glass, and modern doors....I think it looks contemporary and fun! Its a nice touch to that corner I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their location in Astoria has pretty good reviews so I look forward to trying their desserts and drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had to pick on the design aspect, I agree with some other's that the sign doesn't match the foundation. Its cute, bright, and fun while the exterior large windows and stone has a sexy, lounge-y feel. But hey, to each their own. Overall, I agree that unless we try it out, we shouldn't assume it's a failure. And if the reviews from the Astoria location correlate to the one in Fohi, we might be in for a treat.

    - D

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to the vanilla sky twitter they're opening this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vanilla was yummy, I'll be back there a lot this summer!

    ReplyDelete