Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Best Chicken in Forest Hills?

So I found myself the other week suddenly chicken-less after the traumatic closing of Just Like Mother's. Then I remembered that at a recent family gathering someone had served some food from El Pollo Inka on Queens Blvd. and it was amazing. I had ordered from them a few years ago, but chose something a bit too exotic for my taste. This time, I got the simpler half chicken, rice and beans. And throw in their spicy green sauce? Fantastic! I highly recommend El Pollo Inka to any chicken lovers who haven't already tried this awesome Peruvian restaurant right here in Forest Hills.
  • 112-20 Queens BlvdForest Hills 11375
  • (Btwn 75th Rd & 76th Ave)

  • (718) 275-2828


8 comments:

  1. Love their rice & beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As good as Pollos Hermanos? I kid but seriously does it compare to Pio Pio or Tu Casa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! There's nothing like rice and beans and grilled chicken. I loved the older Columbian places on Corona Ave., and it's good to know there's something closer to home ( is it very wrong to say that I think Boston's chicken is pretty good?) On a side note, I'd like to see a resurgence of criollas restaurants in the city in general. I'm sure the new mayor will get right on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried all of these ... Pio Pio, Tu Casa, and all several times since our family loves to eat or order out and I can say yes, the chicken is just as good as any of these places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pollo Inka is actually owned by the brother of the owner of Pio Pio! So it's basically the same food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the same. But the point is, it's good! I believe Pio Pio has a larger place in Corona with a full liquor license.

      Delete
  6. The fried chicken and biscuit at Banter, and the chicken and waffles at Bare Burger are both delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but I'd love to see an honest-to-goodness southern restaurant in the Hills with good fried chicken and all the other staples. Brooklyn and Manhattan have plenty of them, so why can't we?

      Delete