Thursday, September 4, 2014

Rest in Peace Joan

Everyone has certain entertainers who have been with them virtually their whole lives, as long as they can remember. For me, Robin Williams was one of them. And Joan Rivers was another.

One of my earliest memories of Joan Rivers was as the narrator of The Adventures of Letterman on PBS' The Electric Company when I was a just a little kid. I still remember that wonderful voice from way back then! In recent years, while she was a bit controversial (some couldn't find the humor in her brand of comedy), she was also a very progressive and charitable lady, as I tweeted a week ago.

Rest in Peace Joan, you brought a lot of laughter to the world.


3 comments:

  1. She was a true New Yorker, and she pulled no punches. She paved the way for female comics today and she broke down a lot of doors. People either loved her or hated her, but there's no denying she had spunk and that rare comedic magic. I will miss her. She was one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me of a little piece of my childhood.
    Sad that she is gone, but at least now she is with her beloved Edgar.
    I used to love her comedy routines when she joked about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn shame about what happened. She could have gone to 100 . Very sad for Melissa.

    ReplyDelete