Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Inside Former Laytner's Space

Thanks to Susan for sending this photo to me on the Blog's Facebook Page. The mystery is apparently solved. As anyone who has been reading this blog for a long time knows, I like to reserve judgement on things until I have all the facts. And I still don't. Just this pic and tips from readers that I included in the last post. Needless to say, my policy for this Blog stands. If I don't personally approve of a local business, if I feel it is a step in the wrong direction for our neighborhood, I simply cease covering them on this Blog. I personally never badmouth a business whose proprietors are struggling to make a go of things. Life is already too difficult for all of us and I will never do that. I think we all, as residents of Forest Hills, know what we want to open here, and what we don't. So I let things just take care of themselves, with my only assist being plenty of coverage for businesses I love in Forest Hills.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a dollar store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Translation: don't expect many more posts about THIS place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dun dun DUN...

    I'm willing to reserve judgement too, but just looking at this photo makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the same set up as the 99 cents store on Yellowstone Blvd and Ingram St.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why so many houses in Forest Hills Gardens are on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand how a 99 cent store (if that's what it is) can afford to pay high Austin St. rents. It also could be a "Party City" type of place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they handle money as well as they deal with grammar. They'll be gone in no time!

    ReplyDelete