Sunday, November 21, 2010

Movie News

Those who have been reading this blog since I started it in June know that I am a HUGE Steven Spielberg fan and have spent much time whining on and on about the recent drought of any Spielberg blockbusters for me to sink $10 or $12 into the box office over and over again.

So, you can imagine how happy I now am to report that the drought is rapidly coming to an end. Daniel Day Lewis has signed on to play Lincoln in Spielberg's upcoming epic based on Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals book. The movie has had a bumpy road so far. At one point Sally Field was rumored to about to sign on as Mary Todd Lincoln. Also, playwright Tony Kushner (Angels in America) was working on the screenplay.

What do you think? Will DDL make a good Lincoln? For one thing, he's British. For another, he stands at 6'1 while Honest Abe was about 6'5 I think. But heck, DDL is a great actor so I am quite optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment