Thursday, December 2, 2010

Movie Quickies

Some holiday movie quickies:

Burlesque - Horrible! But go to see Cher's immoveable face. During the time that I was not bored off my ass and would awaken long enough to start watching this conglomeration of like 25 movies I have already seen (Stanley Tucci plays the exact same character he played in The Devil Wears Prada by the way, it is freaky. It is as if they just pasted the cutting room floor footage of him from Prada into this one), I was confused as to what time period this movie was supposed to be taking place in. Some parts feel like it is taking place in 1930, others 1970, and then the exterior shots in LA, today. Whatever... a really bad movie.




Morning Glory - More Devil Wears Prada stuff here! Why are all of these films trying to just copy that one? I always love Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton, so at least they are in it. It is a nice distraction of a movie, enough to take a break from holiday shopping without having to concentrate too much. But the storyline really did remind me of Prada once again, young upwardly mobile heroine whose only real concern is making it in New York, etc., etc..






My favorite recent movie was The Social Network. This has been out a while, but you can still catch it at the Kew Gardens Cinemas. A great cast, great story. When I first heard about it, I thought to myself "why would I want to see a movie about some kid who made a billion dollars?" But the movie is much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment