Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snow Update, or Lack Thereof

Well, for those of us wishing for a White Christmas or a whitish remaining day or two of Chanukah, etc.., the longer-term forecast is promising. But that mother of a snowstorm that was promised for later this weekend looks like it will be rather wet instead of white.

I am an extreme "snow enthusiast," you might say, having always loved snow since a kid growing up on Long Island. And, I suppose like NY Jets fans, of whom several members of my family have the misfortune of being, I am always continually frustrated each and every year.

I just said to a friend last night: "Sometimes it feels like New York City is the only place in the world where you can have bitterly cold air for weeks and weeks and no snow!" And to make it extra annoying, when the storms do arrive, suddenly it warms up and you get rain! Blech!

Oh, and one more thing... I know many people think last year was a snowy winter for us. I disagree. Sure, we had a series of Nor' Easters which gave us a lot. But there was just something off about it. It was like it would snow and then it would all melt in a few days, and then snow again. Uh-Uh. I want a Dr Zhivago snowy winter here. Where it snows every few days, even just an inch, and piles up...and piles up... slowly.... I can hear that theme song now....

No comments:

Post a Comment