Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stephen King Does it Again

I've been reading Stephen King since I was but a toddler (well, almost)... When I heard about his latest book I was quite intrigued. The premise is simple and captivating: Imagine if you could go back in time and prevent the Kennedy Assassination? Well, the book, 11/22/63 is now out and it is getting some pretty rave reviews. Here's one, from The Times:

BOOKS
  ‘Save Kennedy’
By ERROL MORRIS
Published: November 10, 2011
 Stephen King’s time traveler tries to undo some painful history.


 Usually I don't post about book reviews, but this part of Morris' review grabbed me:
It all adds up to one of the best time-travel stories since H. G. Wells. King has captured something wonderful. Could it be the bottomlessness of reality? The closer you get to history, the more mysterious it becomes. He has written a deeply romantic and pessimistic book. It’s romantic about the real possibility of love, and pessimistic about everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment