Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Behind the Scenes

While we all walk by it going about our everyday business, they have been dismantling from the inside that block of empty stores next to the Key Food on the north side of Queens Blvd.

My adventurous and enterprising roving reporter shot these pics (somehow), risking life and limb for the blog (just kidding, I think he shot them through some space in the covered-up windows).

The roof is slowly being dismantled.

The floor - or lack thereof.

Another shot of the ceiling being dismantled.

3 comments:

  1. Question: Which is the nicest areas of the North Shore long island in Nassau?

    I see they are finally doing work to the building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of months ago, I asked the guy in the Newspaper stand in front of this property who was moving in. He told me Rite Aid, so don't know if the currently Rite Aid is moving over. I hope not, I had bigger hopes for this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last I heard this was going to be a CVS on the bottom level of a new co-op, a la the Windsor across the Blvd. So, not a Rite Aid, unless that has changed in the past few months. But also, I have not heard it confirmed that it will be a CVS. Just going by what someone posted on this blog a while back.

      In the meantime, I noticed today they have started blocking off the front of the building, so demolition is really getting serious at the site now.

      Delete