Monday, March 26, 2012

Some Loose Ends

With the excitement over Bareburger's opening having died down here in Blog-land while we wait for the next big restaurant or shopping news, here are some other smaller items of note:

  • Bareburger says it may start home delivery next week.
  • Gloria Pizza says it may open on April 2nd.
  • Readers have told me that medical offices are planned for the former Mandee/Annie Sez building on the Western end of Austin. Not sure if that means the entire building will be medical offices, or just a portion of it. The facade was very good for a retailer, so that seems like a huge waste to me.
  • I have to remember to get myself down to Metropolitan Avenue where there are some delectable restaurants awaiting me down there. Wafa's and Taci's, the new Turkish restaurant. 

9 comments:

  1. Health care is the only thing profitable during this recession, more so than retail or restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! In just one sentence you have managed to completely contradict yourself. I don't know if I could've done that if I tried!

      Delete
    2. Actually, the only thing that is ever garanteed profitable is mortuary services (probably would be listed as retail). Last I heard, they never run out of clients since its kind of hard to put off appointments :p

      Delete
  2. Seriously? My husband worked with a well loved and very talented orthopaedic surgeon who had to close his private practice recently...very profitable indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can you possibly find to eat on Austin/QB?

    Metropolitan is where the only decent food in the area is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disagree-Bangcock Cuisine is delicious and the staff is very kind and pleasant. I also am a fan of Narita-of course it is not Nobu but the sushi is good! Also Nick's Pizza (on Ascan)5 Burros and I cannot wait to try Bareburger....and who can forget Boulangerie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taci's website is up, or at least some info/partial menu: http://www.tacisrestaurant.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never eaten there, but have gotten delivery from Primadonna Italian Restaurant several times and it's been awesome. Everything is delicious. The prices for some entrees are a little high, but the portions are huge and keep me happily eating their yummy food for days. It's worthy every penny.

    ReplyDelete