Monday, June 6, 2016

Forest Hills Burger Wars Reviewed!

My fellow blogger in crime, Jon Parker, over at eateryROW: foresthills has taken it upon himself to test out three of our Austin Street burger joints by downing a cheeseburger at each one:

PREMIUM BURGER WARS!!! BAREBURGER vs. SHAKE SHACK vs. TWIST & SMASH'D


The result is quite amusing. My biggest complaint with Twist has always been the size of their burgers. Way too pricey to still leave hungry! I wrote that on Day One, and I don't think they ever changed.... oh well.

I love the Shack and Bareburger equally - in my view they are just too different to compare....

9 comments:

  1. Twist is closed . Perhaps include some local restaurant burgers like Banter, Station, Pierre's....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears that Twist'd & Smashed has taken itself out of the running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I haven't walked by there in a couple of days. Twist actually closed? I really liked their twisted potato!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I haven't walked by there in a couple of days. Twist actually closed? I really liked their twisted potato!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were just training a new girl on the register like 2 weeks ago - how sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just called them and the lady said they were just closed today and are not going out of business. I know it's a lot of burger joints for one strip but hopefully they can all survive. If anyone hasn't tried their twisted potato, give it s shot, it makes a great snack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never been to Twist. Not really sure what they were. Instead of a burger war, could we PLEASE have a REAL ramen shop???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. Maybe some real Thai, real Vietnamese, and real Chinese food, while we're at it. Such a large Asian population in FH and no authentic Asian food.

      Delete
  8. should be noted that twist and smash'd has a "for rent" sign posted on its awning.

    ReplyDelete