Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Queens Bully Taking Shape

Thanks to Bud for the pic! I can't wait for this place to open. I was wondering why the place made Zagat's list of most anticipated Spring restaurant openings, so I did a little digging online and found out that one of the owners is the son of the founder of the Baluchi's Indian restaurant chain. Queens Bully, if it lives up to expectations, has the potential to bring new energy to what is a rather run-down part of Forest Hills, that stretch along Queens Blvd. from Ascan to Kew Gardens. There have already been some notable openings along that strip, but the entire thing is in need of a makeover of some kind. In any case, look for throngs of newcomers to venture down that way once Queens Bully opens.


7 comments:

  1. I agree. That area needs help desperately and hopefully this is just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Family Restaurant has been closed for a while too on that stretch. not sure if something is going on there as well. there appears to be work permits in the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I live by the Family Restaurant and have been monitoring this since the summer. Guantanamera is supposed to open there. They have a west side location and if it's anything like that, we're in for something special. I try to peek in when I walk by and it doesn't look anywhere near complete. They should at least put up their new sign so they start generating interest. Its going as slow as my apartment renovation went, so I'd say by June they should be up and running, hopefully sooner if course!

      Delete
  3. Definitely looking forward to trying this place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not hold my breath for Guantanamera at the old Family Restaurant. Those work permits have been there for at least 6 months and there has been no activity at that location for almost as many months. That project must be stalled for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tuscan, Keuka, now Bully? Yes, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see the finished product. But I do have to say, there is still a lot of garbage on the sidewalk, around the new tree that was planted, and in the alley behind the restaurant. I would LOVE if they took some pride and cleaned up around the place.

    ReplyDelete