Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eww!

This post was almost too much for me to bear, but I got through it!!

Though I love Springtime more than any other season, especially here in New York City, there is one, enormously upsetting downside for me: the reemergence of those very very creepy multi-legged long bugs. I have no idea what they are called, but about this time every year, the first weeks of April, lo and behold I inevitably find one of them arrogantly perched somewhere high on my apartment wall, just sitting there staring at me like it owns the place.

I readily admit to being squeamish about a bunch of things in this world (see my post about those annoying anti-smoking commercials!), but I have to say these bugs really take the cake.

I guess they kind of look like this... God help me. I can't even bring myself to make this photo as big as it can be on my blog because it creeps me out so much... Bed Bugs? I am sorry, but this is what I worry about:


5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure they're called centipedes and I'm right there with you. I'm terrified of them, they turn my stomach when I seen one. I can't even look directly at that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dreadful creatures. I need to get some Raid ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a house centipede. They are scary and gross but they eat a lot of other bugs. The bigger they are, the longer they've been in your apt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a house centipede. They look spooky, but as housepests go, they're the ones you want to have. They feed on other insects (even roaches!)so really, they're on your side.

    ReplyDelete