Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No Late Fees — Forever!


Strolling through the Blockbuster video store on 70th Road in Forest Hills the other evening was a bit depressing indeed. With the store closing virtually everything is being sold off - even the store shelves and a TV hanging on the wall (it was going for something like $400).

I spent many a lazy afternoon combing the aisles of Blockbuster searching for just the right video (remember when we called them that?) As the world goes digital it definitely means amazing advances - we can call up a library of information into our living rooms via the Internet, and you know it's not too far off when virtually any movie ever made will be available to stream to our TV's or computers whenever we want them as well. So, yes, life gets easier. But will all this stuff being piped into my home through the cable line turn me into the Ultimate Couch Potato?

Will I soon look like one of those guys on WALL-E's space ship?



5 comments:

  1. So glad Blockbuster is out at this location and many more.

    The sad part is it will take a full month for the store to close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing Queens Blvd.March 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM

    I believe this is the location for Forest Hills' new Apple store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe this is the location for Forest Hills` new Strip Joint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe this is the location for Forest Hills` new Tattoo Parlor.

    I believe this is the location for Forest Hills` new whatever.

    Its across from all food places in the middle of the opposite side of the street. So my guess is yet another food place will take over the location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OTB space is still vacant as well. I think the location is good for something.

    Retail is the worst its ever been with lots of store vacancies which have still not been filled in.

    ReplyDelete