Friday, June 9, 2017

The New York Pops Returns to Forest Hills

As much fun as the previous Pops concerts have been at Forest Hills Stadium, I have to say my personal favorite was last night's sci-fi themed extravaganza as The Pops played a tribute to film score composer John Williams and his collaboration over the years with directors George Lucas (Star Wars) and Steven Spielberg (E.T., Jaws, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Close Encounters of the Third Kind.)

Here are some pics I took from the concert, and a couple of clips from my favorite moments!


Cenovia Cummins plays the haunting theme from Schindler's List










The venue has continued to improve each year since The Stadium concerts returned

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the clips! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anybody know why they're not having concerts in August?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it for tennis related reasons? I guess that's what I assumed at first, but I could be wrong.

      Delete